- First observe the group perform. Share the criteria out between observers, so as not to overload students
- Give a star rating and talk about what you have observed. This allows the performing group to tweak their routine and improve things before the next performance.
- Observe the group performing again. Focus on the star ratings that needs more observation or priority.
- Provide a final star rating along with group discussion.
- Feedback to the group who have just performed (agree, disagree, question decisions).
- Allow the group to work on their feedback. Over 2 lessons produce a ‘tweaked’ performance from the feedback (ideally on video camera). Consider having an Olympics final performance ceremony at the end!
Hope it helps…