This resource is specifically aimed at the delivery of the AQA AS/A2 level specification and covers the vascular system, circulatory system and the effects of exercise on these two key systems. This resource contains a PowerPoint presentation and student worksheets for all material covered. The learning objectives are as follows:
- To describe the components of the vascular system.
- To understand the structure of arteries, veins and capillaries.
- To understand what is meant by the term ‘vascular shunt’.
- To be able to describe blood pressure and blood velocity and how these change in response to exercise.
- To understand how blood pressure is controlled.
Please note, attachments are available in both Microsoft Powerpoint 2007 and 97-2003 (compatibility mode) versions (Microsoft Powerpoint Show).
About The Author
PE Resources Bank provides premium physical education resources for use by staff to deliver high quality lessons, supporting teaching and learning in physical education in the secondary sector. The majority of their customers are secondary schools, sports colleges and teacher training institutions.
PE Resources Bank has developed a fast-growing and successful service, committed to excellent levels of customer satisfaction. They aim to provide a high quality service, which makes a significant contribution to raising standards in physical education in the secondary sector. For more information, please visit http://peresourcesbank.co.uk/.