This GCSE theory resource on learning skills is specifically aimed at the delivery of the new EDEXCEL/AQA GCSE specification, and covers testing, training and lifestyle choices to assess and improve performance via a Powerpoint presentation. The learning objectives are as follows:
- To understand what is meant by skill acquisition.
- To be able to explain the techniques of imagery, breathing and focusing as a mental preparation strategy.
- To describe the characteristics of a skilful and unskilful performance.
- To understand the different types of skill, learning and feedback.
- To describe the methods of practice used by a coach.
About The Author
PE Resources Bank provides premium physical education resources for use by staff to deliver high quality lessons, supporting teaching and learning in physical education in the secondary sector. The majority of their customers are secondary schools, sports colleges and teacher training institutions.
PE Resources Bank has developed a fast-growing and successful service, committed to excellent levels of customer satisfaction. They aim to provide a high quality service, which makes a significant contribution to raising standards in physical education in the secondary sector. For more information, please visit http://peresourcesbank.co.uk/.