‘Revise on the Go’ with PEfocus EDEXCEL GCSE PEpodsTM
PEpods are a fantastic product written by subject experts and professionally recorded to appeal to AS and GCSE learners in support of their examined Physical Education theory work.
The PEpods have been written by Sarah van Wely and are recorded by Sarah van Wely and Peter Eldridge. Music and production is by Seán Anderson. There are a total of 21 PEpods on this DVD that carefully follow the order and content of the Edexcel GCSE specification.
Each of the 21 PEpods last between 6 and 12 minutes, giving, in total, nearly three hours of high quality material at the press of a button, which can be listened to again and again!
The full content of this pack is listed below.
Healthy Active Lifestyles (14 PEpods)
- 1. Categories and benefits of a healthy active lifestyle
- 2. Influences on your healthy active lifestyle Pt. 1
- 3. Influences on your healthy active lifestyle Pt. 2
- 4. Influences on your healthy active lifestyle Pt. 3
- 5. Exercise and fitness as part of your healthy active lifestyle
- 6. The components of skill related fitness Pt. 1
- 7. The components of skill related fitness Pt. 2
- 8. Assessing your fitness Levels – Health Related Fitness tests
- 9. Assessing your fitness levels – Skills Related Fitness tests
- 10. Principles Of Training
- 11. Goal Setting and a typical exercise session
- 12. Methods of training
- 13. Analysing training sessions
- 14. Exercise diet work and rest / dietary intake and performance
Your Healthy, Active Body (7 PEpods)
- 15. Somatotypes, optimum weight and weight related conditions
- 16. Performance enhancing and recreational drug
- 17. Risk assessment and preventing injuries
- 18. The cardio vascular system
- 19. The respiratory system
- 20. The muscular system
- 21. The skeletal system
Edexcel GCSE PEpods Product Samples
Sample Edexcel GCSE Healthy Active Lifestyles PEpods
Sample Edexcel GCSE Your Healthy, Active Body PEpods
- High quality revision – written and recorded by highly experienced practitioners – John Ireland, Graham Thompson and Sarah van Wely (AS) and Sarah van Wely (GCSE)
- Clear focus – reviewing and revising essential key points of theoretical knowledge
- ‘Stop and Think’ – a feature to help listeners check learning – either in their head (if on the move) or on paper if they prefer
- Exam style questions – helping to put knowledge into practice
- Exam Tips – recapping essential skills and tactics and spotlighting key question parts: command word / subject / subject qualifier or subject focus
- Audio ‘bullet points’ – to emphasise key points in an appealing way
- Music – composed by Seán Anderson to enhance the audio experience and to make continuing work with PEpodsTM both engaging and enjoyable.
- A one-off payment with End Used Licence Agreement (EULA) – to be agreed online by the PE Department prior to purchase and by each student as part of the integrated download procedure – no annual licence fees!
So – high quality, focused revision to appeal to and motivate PE students! The PEpodsTM are intended as a supplementary tool to help students prepare for their exams – they are not a substitute for the knowledge and teaching provided by colleagues nor for other forms of revision which students will be encouraged to undertake.
Suggestions For Using PEpods
- Some centres adopt a fairly casual approach. Students download the PEpodsTM from the school/college network/website to their IPods or other MP3 players and use them as they choose – on the bus, at the gym, while subbathing, in bed – anywhere!
- Other centres adopt a more controlled approach and ‘release’ the PEpodsTM as sections of the specification are taught
- Some teachers ask students to listen to a particular PEpodsTM to prepare for the next lesson or to re-cap one that has just been taught
- Students can listen to a PEpodsTM to catch up if a lesson has been missed
- PEpodsTM can be used throughout the year – not just at test and exam time.
We really do hope that your department and your students find the PEpodsTM stimulating and engaging and that they become an integral part of your programme as a valuable supplementary learning tool.