Is PE valued in your school?
Does your current delivery meet the needs of every student?
Does your curriculum nurture physical literacy?
If the answer to any of the above questions is no, then please join us on Monday 16th January 2023 in London for an exciting, in-person, CPD event, led by bestselling author of ‘Is PE in Crisis? Leading Meaningful Change in Physical Education’ and co-author of the ‘PE Concept Curriculum‘, Lee Sullivan.
Following the success of our previous event, this workshop will be held at The KIA Oval, home to Surrey County Cricket Club, in London, UK. This is both an event and experience not to be missed!
- Your opportunity to reflect on personal and department ‘why’ and curriculum intent.
- Hear expert guidance on implementing a concept curriculum in PE from the co-author of the PE Concept Curriculum and how it can prepare all students for life through PE.
- Develop your own concept curriculum scheme of work and lesson plans to meet the needs of all students.
- Network and collaborate with other physical educators implementing a concept curriculum and leading meaningful change in PE.
- Understand inclusive pedagogy and adopt a physical literacy informed approach to provide positive and meaningful PE experiences for all students.
- Receive support to assess and evaluate the impact of changes made to delivery.
|10.00am||Registration and refreshments|
|10.10am||Justifying the need for change in PE|
Start with ‘Why’Justifying the need for change
|10.40am||Curriculum & Pedagogy Development|
A Physical Literacy Informed ApproachIntroducing the Concept CurriculumTeachable MomentsAssessment Opportunities
Delivering a Concept Curriculum LessonPractical advice – lesson examplesApplication to physical activity/sports
Creating a Concept Curriculum Scheme of WorkCurriculum lesson – with planning support
|2.10pm||Leading meaningful change in PE|
Presenting your Concept CurriculumAssessing the Concept Curriculum
|3.10pm||Review and reflect|
Follow-Up Virtual Session
All attendees will be invited to a follow-up session (date to be announced soon) following the Leading meaningful change in PE event, which will include:
- Follow-up check-in from in-person session
- Embracing failures and celebrating successes (share what hasn’t worked and discuss solutions and share best practice)
- Leading effective meetings and collaborative planning
- Creating consistency
- Assessing impact: Student voice and quality assurance
Price for this event is £250+VAT per person, discounted by 10% for any attendee that holds PE Scholar Membership. Please contact us if you wish to purchase multiple places for this event. Bulk discounts may be available depending on your requirements.
To register for this event now, for yourself, or any member of your team, please click the button below:
About The Instructor
Lee Sullivan has over 13 years PE teaching experience and is a current Head of PE. Preparing all students for a physically active life is Lee’s ‘why’ and this value was the motivation for creating the concept-driven curriculum and writing the thought provoking book ‘Is PE in Crisis? Leading Meaningful Change in Physical Education’.
Lee is an advocate of creating relevant and meaningful PE experiences for all students through concept-driven and personalised curriculum, holistic assessment and inclusive pedagogy. Lee presents to trainee teachers at universities leads conferences and delivers training with PE departments leading change across the country. Creating a positive PE environment that better nurtures physical literacy and develops positive attitudes towards physical activity is at the heart of all that Lee does.