There are a number of resources included in this blog post that can be used in the build up to Rio Olympics and Paralympic Games including:
- A 10-minute PowerPoint assembly (Primary and Secondary). Designed to set the scene for the Rio Olympics and Paralympic Games. It also introduces the exciting Road to Rio Challenge for students.
- A handy planning chart to see how you might integrate Get Set’s Road to Rio activity across your school in the run-up to the Rio 2016 Games.
- A print out our Road to Rio Olympics poster to mark your progress on the Get Set map and find out how to get started on your Road to Rio Olympics in four easy steps.
- The Values Awards is an opportunity for teachers to recognise and reward pupils through challenges, tasks and activities. Pupils can demonstrate their understanding of the Olympic Values of friendship, excellence and respect. And the Paralympic Values of inspiration, determination, courage and equality.
Get Set is the youth engagement of Team GB and ParalympicsGB. Get Set’s Road to Rio is using the excitement of the 2016 Rio Olympics Summer Games to empower, motivate and inspire young people. The Rio challenge is to gather in teams and use physical activity to travel the virtual distance of 9,298km from the Olympic Stadium in London to the Olympic Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
Road to Rio Olympics offers a wide range of educational resources. Including lesson plans and ideas, assemblies, quizzes, activities and more. Visit https://www.getset.co.uk/road-to-rio to find out more.
- Road-to-Rio-Poster (0 downloads)
- Secondary-Road-to-Rio-planning-charts (1 download)
- Primary-Road-to-Rio-planning-charts (1 download)
- Get-Set-for-the-Road-to-Rio-Primary-Assembly (1 download)
- Get-Set-for-the-Road-to-Rio-Secondary-Assembly (0 downloads)