Are you looking for new and innovative practical ideas to enhance your PE teaching?
Join us for the 2023 PEdagogy in Practice Conference at the University of Gloucestershire on November 28th! This jam-packed event will feature practical workshops led by leading experts in the field, giving you the skills and knowledge you need to take your teaching to the next level.
Choose from sessions on a variety of topics, including:
- Engaging classroom practice
- Teaching personal and social responsibility through PE
- Rugby for all
- Effective starts to lessons (warm-ups and do it now activities done well)
- Top transitions and progressive practices
- Creating a PE pedagogy culture. Ensuring continuous development through thoughtful systems.
- PE Pedagogy triangle – A focus on three fundamental principles (routines, modelling and questioning)
- RISE Up – Strategies to support student mental health
- Meaningful PE through lifestyle activities (Skateboarding)
- Meaningful PE through lifestyle activities (Parkour)
- Democracy in action in PE through a student-designed games unit
- Physical Literacy enriched pedagogy
- Finding your stretch zone
- Trauma-informed PE
- Engaging wet weather activities that do not compromise learning
- Concept Curriculum in Practice
- Exploring the Value of a Concept-Driven Curriculum
- Establishing your Curriculum Intent – Matching Practice with Purpose
- Concepts of a socially just curriculum
- Diagnostic assessment in practice
- GCSE PE Moderation made easy
The Delivery Team Includes:
- Dr Liz Durden-Myers
- Will Swaithes
- Lee Sullivan
- Simon Scarborough
- Jon Campbell
- Phil Cocks
- Ben Holden
- Neil Moggan
- Jordan Wintle
- Dr Shrehan Lynch
To enable us to ensure this is a real PEdagogy in practice day with the majority of sessions delivered ‘through the practical’ we are using world class sports facilities:
Register today and take your PE teaching to the next level!
To register now for this exciting event (whether you are registering for yourself or anyone in your school/organisation), please click the button below.