As part of our ‘Skills Challenge Cards’ home learning series, this resources contains a set of challenges designed to improve a variety of fundamental sports skills. They have been created for individual use with a focus on a personal best challenge that can also be completed with a friend or family member in a head to head challenge. These skills challenges are suitable for ages 6-14 but are fun for any age!
The purpose of each challenge is to improve skills in a fun, enjoyable way. Each challenge has a skill component focus.
In this set of skills challenge cards, we cover:
- Hand eye coordination – Throw, Catch, Clap
- Power – Standing Jump, Running Jump
- Balance – Single Leg Balance
- Speed & Agility – Route Race
- Power – Wall Ball
As always, we would very much welcome your feedback on our Skills Challenge series, so please feel free to leave your comments and feedback below.
- PE Scholar – Skills Challenge Cards (1-5) [Powerpoint] (1.3 MB)
- PE Scholar – Skills Challenge Cards (1-5) [PDF] (3.8 MB)