Are you looking for support and guidance on how to improve your PE, School Sport and Physical Activity offer in your school?
Are you looking for examples of effective curriculum design and effective ideas for meaningful PE pedagogy?
Do you want to understand how to better nurture physical literacy?
If the answer to any of the above questions is yes, then please join us on Monday 6th February 2023 at Dorney Lake, Windsor, Berkshire for an exciting, in-person, CPD event, led by bestselling author of ‘Is PE in Crisis? Leading Meaningful Change in Physical Education’ and co-author of the ‘PE Concept Curriculum‘, Lee Sullivan, and Dr Liz Durden-Myers. This is both an event and experience not to be missed!
- An excellent opportunity to reflect on your ‘why’ and curriculum intent, with the support and guidance of colleagues.
- Create and share ideas on how to improve your PESSPA offer to engage more pupils in physical activity.
- Hear expert guidance on implementing a concept curriculum in primary PE from the co-author of the PE Concept Curriculum and how it can prepare all students for life through PE.
- Network and collaborate with other physical educators leading meaningful change in PE.
- Understand inclusive pedagogy and adopt a physical literacy informed approach to provide positive and meaningful PE experiences for all students.
- Receive support to assess and evaluate the impact of changes made to delivery.
|09:30-10:00||Registration and refreshments|
|10:00-11:00||Creating an Awesome Primary PE, School Sport and Physical Activity Offer|
Exploring the 5 A’s of an awesome primary PESSPA offer.
|11:15-12:15||What is Physical Literacy and how can it be nurtured through PE, School Sport and Physical Activity|
How to nurture lifelong engagement in physical activity. Exploring the importance of early positive interactions and experiences in movement and physical activity.
|12:15 – 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00-14:00||Exploring the Primary Concept Curriculum|
How a concept curriculum approach can help nurture physical literacy and build teacher confidence when delivering PE.
|14:15-15:00||Review and reflect|
Next steps and action planning.
Follow-Up Virtual Session
All attendees will be invited to a follow-up session (date to be announced soon) following the awesome primary PE event, which will include:
- Follow-up / check-in from the in-person session
- Embracing failures and celebrating successes (share what hasn’t worked and discuss solutions and share best practice)
- Leading effective meetings and collaborative planning
- Creating consistency
- Assessing impact: Student voice and quality assurance
The price for this event is £250+VAT per person, discounted by 10% for any attendee that holds PE Scholar Membership. Please contact us if you wish to purchase multiple places for this event. Bulk discounts may be available depending on your requirements.
To register for this event now, for yourself, or any member of your team, please click the button below: