When we launched the Concept Curriculum in 2021, it made a huge impact on the PE world. Seeking to deliver a more inclusive and positive PE experience that better met the needs of every child, it was implemented by over 150 schools worldwide. As teachers, we are always looking to reflect, listen, learn, improve and evolve. Hence, the Concept Curriculum 2.0 was created.
What is the Concept Curriculum?
A Concept Curriculum is an approach to curriculum design that moves away from just sport-specific content and instead emphasises “big ideas” that span multiple subject areas or disciplines. A conceptual approach offers an alternative to the traditional sport and skills-based approach to PE curriculum design and delivery. These skills are developed but just through a different process.
Time to Change?
- Does your curriculum truly meet the needs of every student?
- Does your current curriculum meet your own and your departments ‘Why?’
- Does your curriculum nurture physical literacy?
- Is PE valued in your school?
If you answered “no” to any of the above then the concept curriculum could be for you.
What’s new with the PE Concept Curriculum 2.0?
The Concept Curriculum has evolved and now includes:
- Ofsted guidance
- Inclusion of social justice
- New planning framework (L.E.A.D)
- New lesson objectives (Know, Show and Grow)
- Updated lesson plan formats
- ‘Physical’ made more explicit
- Amended and updated concepts
- Lesson Examples
- Suggested delivery format
- More support to create your own
- New lesson observation prompts and sheets
Watch the PE Concept Curriculum 2.0 Launch Event
On Thursday 16th June 2022 we launched the PE Concept Curriculum 2.0 for KS3 and KS4 via an online webinar. Watch the event back now by playing the video below:
Have you already purchased the PE Concept Curriculum?
If you or your school have already purchased the PE Concept Curriculum for KS3 & KS4 (original version) you will automatically be provided with access to the PE Concept Curriculum 2.0 free of charge!