As the Christmas countdown gets closer we just wanted to wrap up the year and share with you some exciting updates coming in the New Year!
We also wanted to spread a little Christmas cheer by offering some special discounts to help fill your Christmas stockings this year!
We have had a very busy four months since September. Here are just some of the many highlights since the start of this academic year:
New Book Launched!
- Wanna Teach PE – In October Ben Holden launched his book Wanna Teach PE with us. The book has already sold over 500 copies and has received amazing feedback from the profession. Congratulations to Ben for creating such a great read, and for sharing his expertise with us.
Top-picks from our insight posts!
Here are some of our most popular insight posts since September!
- Nurturing students to flourish in PE – Will Swaithes
- Book Review: The Spectrum of Teaching Styles in Physical Education – Will Swaithes
- The Problem with GCSE PE – Lee Sullivan
Top-picks from our new resources!
We have received some great feedback on our latest resources – here are just some of the new additions below:
We are really committed to making professional development more accessible and affordable which is why we have created a free teacher training course with British Rowing and the first in our series of free-to-access PE Scholar members courses:
- British Rowing Teacher Training and Resources for Indoor Rowing
- Assessment in PE: Bitesize Course – Free PE Scholar Member Course
Thank you to our members and network. We wouldn’t be able to support the profession without your engagement. We wanted to show our appreciation by offering some seasonal discounts on all our books this December.
PE Scholar Stocking Fillers
Why not settle down this Christmas with a good book? To help you get into your Christmas read we are offering 20% off our books throughout December. Simply add this code [ Xmas2022 ] at checkout to get your discount.
Exciting plans for the New Year!
We are really excited about 2023, we have some grand plans afoot to continue to help the profession thrive. Here are just a few things that are in the pipeline for 2023:
New Books for 2023
- Formative assessment in PE – Steve Johns
- Supporting Students’ Mental Health – Neil Moggan
New Free for Members Course
- Physical Literacy – Bitesize Course (February 2023)
- Meaningful PE – Bitesize Course (June 2023)
New Online Blended Learning Courses
- Supporting transgender and non-binary Pupils in PE
- Concept curriculum online course
New Face-to-Face Courses
We love supporting local, regional, national and international conferences. In January we will be in Kuala Lumpur presenting at FOBISIA PE & Sport Conference, so we look forward to seeing some of community of international schools there. Following the success of our first f2f event at Old Trafford in November we are putting on a second event in London on 16th January that is selling out fast are super excited to be collaborating with Independent Coach Education to run a National Conference for Heads of PE on 9th February in Oxford. Find out more and sign up here.
New Primary Concept Curriculum
Building from the huge success of the KS3 and KS4 Concept Curriculum, we are also launching the Primary Concept Curriculum very soon to complete the Concept Curriculum series. Soon the PE Concept Curriculum will span EYFS through to KS4. Who knows, there might also be a KS5 version in making too.
We are also speaking at a range of professional development events, so keep an eye out for us presenting near you and pop over to say Hi. On top of this we have a full calendar of weekly insight, resources and research articles (direct to your inbox if a member) helping you to keep up to date with the latest innovations in the PE world.
We will be shortly switching off for Christmas, we wish everyone a restful break and look forward to working with as many PEople as possible in the New Year!